Tuesday 11 October 2011

First Post!!!

So I've been meaning to start a blog for quite awhile but kept putting it off because other things (racquetball, school, sluggishly watching TV, etc.) seemed more important. I realized that if I didn't at least start to develop a habit of going on the computer and writing something down that the efforts with which to remember my upcoming competition would fail on a monumental level. Thus, here we are...

The purpose of this first post is two-fold. First, it will act as an easy way to fill family and friends (read: people who think I'm awesome) in on what I'm doing, where I am and how I generally feel about what is going on. My laziness has made requisite the ability to inform the aforementioned loved ones of my exploits with a single piece of writing, because all that email copying and pasting was getting horribly time consuming. (Just kidding mum and dad!). Second, it will (hopefully) serve as a springboard for me to foray in the blog world, acting as a creatively limitless linguistic canvas on which I will paint a complex, emotional story of  otherwise mundane events which comprise my existence and ultimately serve to feed and grow my ego to levels which up to this point have been unattainable. Many of you who think my ego is already quite unmanageable are the insomniacs in the world of dreamers and have no business reading this blog (seriously it will probably just piss you off, my ability to ramble on and on about myself borders on ingenious).

The primary motivation for starting this blog was to create a medium to chronicle my (and Team Canada's) journey through the 2011 Pan American Championships in Guadalajara, Mexico. I will do my best in the coming weeks to write every day (or so, I'm lazy remember?) about the people, places and experiences that will likely make this an unforgettable event and with any luck a career highlight. I will also sally forth into the world of twitter (account name upcoming) to be able to post smaller events and occurrences as they happen! Wish me luck, and I hope you enjoy reading my musings :)

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment