Thursday 13 October 2011

Travel day to Guadalajara

My ability to procrastinate never ceases to amaze me. After spending most of the morning and afternoon packing and preparing to leave the country I headed to the YMCA to get a final practice session in before leaving this morning. It went well and afterward grabbed a quick meal at my parents house before finishing up packing back home. Long story short Kaitlyn (my fiancee) came over and we watched a movie and chatted for a bit. My procrastinatory effort led to a later night than I was hoping; sleep finally embracig me around 12:30am.

Whoever decided that 6:30am flights were a good idea is hopefully enjoying a lengthly subjugation to oversized suppository testing. Luckily my ability to perform menial tasks (packing and driving to the airport for example) in a zombie-like state has been honed over many years of travel and my talent for sleeping on transportation vehicles is uncanny as well. After a lengthly nap on the first leg of the flight (to Denver) and a delicious smoothie upon landing and clearing customs almost instantly subdued my zombie rage and I am feeling much more like a human being. I'll write another post when we arrive in Guadalajara later tonight but they are loading the next flight so I will sign off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment